This is the easiest and best way to make Bacon in the Oven!
Growing up I learned to make bacon the old school way… in a frying pan. First of all that way is way too messy! You end up with curly bacon, part of it are crunchy and parts are under cooked and rubbery and that does NOT make a good BLT!! I learned a long time ago while working in a restaurant how to make Perfect Bacon… You bake Bacon in the Oven!!
Here’s what you do:
- Pre-heat your oven at 425
- Lay bacon out on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake for 12 to 17 mins. You will need to adjust your time depending on your oven and how you like your bacon. Crispy? or Chewy?
- If you need to cook both crispy and chewy I have found its best to put your crispy bacon pan on top rack and chewy bacon pan on the bottom rack, in the center of the oven. Then both types of bacon should be done about the same time. Depending on how you like it.
- Pour off the grease before you remove bacon.
- You will have PERFECT bacon every time!
*You could line the baking pan with foil but I hate wasting that much foil. After I’m done baking all my bacon I just fill pans with enough water to cover the bottom and clean up is super easy!
What to do with the bacon grease?!
- Line a glass bowl with foil for quick and easy clean up.
- Place 2-3 folded paper towels in the bowl to adsorb the grease.
- When cooled, remove foil from the bowl, folded up and place in plastic bag and throw away with any worry of it spilling in the garbage