I have seen these wine bottles lights around at craft shows for a while I been wanting to make myself one. I don’t drink very often but decided it was time for me to take one for the team and I polished off a bottle of wine lol okay I did have a little help, but I got my empty wine bottle.
- Clean empty wine bottle with the cork
- 35 mini light set
- Bunch of artificial grapes
- Glass drill bit
- Hot glue or tacky glue
- Old wire hanger
- Drill a hole in the back of the bottle so that you can feed the all of the lights into the bottle
- Feed the lights through the hole
- Bend the hanger into a little hook
- After you feed about half of the lights into the bottle use the wire hook to pull the lights up to the top of the bottle.
- Holding the bottle upside down will make it easier to move the lights to the top
- Feed the rest of the light into the bottle and place cork on
- Use about 10 pieces of raffia. Tape or glue the ends of the raffia to the bottle, then wrap the raffia around the top of the bottle.
- Trim the ends of the raffia so they are all the same length. Hot glue the ends of the raffia
- Use 4-5 pieces of raffia and slide them through the little hole of the grapes stem. Slide grapes to the center of the raffia
- Wrap the raffia with the grapes around the top of the bottle and tie
That’s it! Plug in and enjoy your new Wine Bottle Lights!!